How cloud telephony can aid educational institutions in covid-19 crisis
Sept 29, 2020 blog 0 Comments
Before we jump right into the impact of coronavirus COVID-19 on to the educational institutions, let us first know more about what really is this coronavirus. How is it caused and precaution to be taken to prevent it from spreading. As there is a wide spread of rumors among most of the people. Also, how cloud telephony in education sector may helps to ease the problems faced by student, teacher and parents.
According to an article published by WHO Coronaviruses (CoV) is strain of viruses that belongs to the large family of viruses that causes different range of illness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases. Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) belong to same coronavirus family earlier known to mankind. COVID-19 is new strain of virus belonging to coronavirus family. Discovered recently in the year 2019 and has not been previously affected humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic in nature and transmitted between animals and people. As per the WHO reports, detailed investigations found that transmission of SARS-CoV was from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. There are many more different strains of coronaviruses presently residing in animals as of today that have not yet infected humans.
How does it spread?
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid getting exposed to this virus. The virus is mainly spread throughout the world by person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. When these droplets come in contact of a healthy human through mouth, eyes and nose or when these droplets gets inhaled through lungs.
What precautions needs to be taken?
- Clean your hands as often as you can with soap or sanitizer.
- Avoid unnecessary touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Distance between yourself and other people who are sneezing or coughing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces of your surroundings.
Coronavirus has triggered massive havoc among people. It is spreading at an exponentially rate and the best way to not incur COVID-19 is to quarantine yourself. In this regards many universities, colleges and schools have closed their operation till the coronavirus situation stabilizes. Coronavirus forces students from elementary school to college out of the classroom. Let us look at the impact on students, teacher and families and the education system.
With closure of school, the only option left with student is to opt for virtual/distance learning. However, this has a significant negative effects on low-income families, as they lack access to technology, internet, nutritious food and childcare services. Also students with disabilities and special needs can be the hardest to teach virtually. Closure of schools is also effecting working parent since student require adult supervision and guidance to work around the virtual/distance learning setup. Even great teachers lack expertise in creating online lessons and not every teacher is trained for virtual/distance learning setup. Also student dropout rates tend to increase as an effect of school closures. It is a challenge to get back all the students return to school once school closures ends.
How can cloud telephony aid in this crisis situation?
- With schools and colleges closed for students whereas administrative department and teacher work as per schedule for the exam preparation of secondary and higher secondary students in the midst of coronavirus outbreak. In this regards, schools and colleges are flooded with inquires calls from both parents and students. Enquiring regarding the exam schedule and for admissions for the upcoming academic year. In this quarantine situation, cloud telephony in education sector may come to rescue.
- Cloud telephony has wide varieties of features that can help students, parents, teachers and even administrative department. Now as per the enquire calls are concerned, you can employ a toll free number which allows all the enquiry call to be free of cost. This establish a sense of credibility for the institution and trust in the minds of students and parents who call for enquiry.
- Cloud telephony even allows you to respond to each and every call and never miss an inquiry by transferring and forwarding calls to different personal if one is busy.
- Furthermore you can even employ IVR setup that can aid in the crisis situation. By diverting call to proper department or personal such as account, finance, enquiry, administration, security, etc…
- As there should be no misunderstanding within student and parent regarding the exam schedule. Each and every student can be informed regarding the schedule with cloud telephony’s auto dialer feature that allows you to call each and every student without any effort of manual dialing with just a click of button.
- If by any chance you were not able to pick the enquiry call, then a both caller and callee will be updated with a text message whose content can be prepared and changed as per requirement
- Also mass calls and SMS campaign can be scheduled as per requirement and ease the enquiry process.
Now coming to admission process. With the quarantine situation, all the admission enquiry and other process can be conducted with help of cloud telephony in education sector.
- You can dedicate a separate IVR setup for admission process and enquiry related to admission.
- You can even start an SMS campaign by send bulk SMS to inform parent how to go about with the admission process for the upcoming year.
- Institution can even start a miss call campaign. Wherein students and parents can be instructed to give a miscall for registering to admission process. Furthermore, other process that accompany with the admission process can be carried out online.
- You can even do the payments by online banking and don’t need to roam around in the crisis situation.
Coronavirus has created panic and unease in the midst of people. With flexible solution people may avoid getting in contact with the wide spread pandemics. With proper care and maintaining personal and environment hygiene with could stop and evade the virus outbreak. With flexible cloud telephony solution in education sector can help spread awareness. To get hands on experience on cloud telephony solution visit www.mcube.com